This Community Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Nokumi Digital (“Nokumi”) and the terms are non-negotiable. Your registration for attendance at any Nokumi Digital offering indicates your agreement to abide by this Community Code of Conduct policy and its terms.
Diversity and Inclusion Values Statement
Nokumi Digital abides by this Diversity and Inclusion Values Statement. Our entire community upholds this commitment, and we maintain shared responsibility across our global campuses to live these values. Nokumi Digital strives to make the future of tech as vibrant as the world it inhabits through a global commitment to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokumi Digital, we are diverse. We foster an international community made up of different backgrounds, experiences, identities, and perspectives. At Nokumi Digital we work to ensure that everyone has a place at the table, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, disability status, religious affiliation, socioeconomic status, or political persuasion. We consistently leverage the diverse experiences of our community members to transform the narrative of diversity within the tech, data, business, and design communities. We also strive to ensure that the Nokumi community is not just a reflection of the world today but of the world we want to see in the future.
At Nokumi Digital, we are inclusive. We celebrate and welcome diversity unbound by social hierarchies and collectively work to foster mutual respect, empathy, and common cause. We provide welcoming spaces for growth conversation and empowerment on our campuses and strive to build greater cultural competence within our community. We also commit to supporting opportunities beyond our walls to promote access to education, break down barriers, and empower future generations of leaders in the tech industry.
Conduct and Dismissal
Nokumi Digital is a community of learners. We place a premium on ensuring that individuals attending and participating in our classes, workshops and events, which include engagements in person, online, and on social media, (“Classes, Workshops, and Events”) have a positive and inclusive experience. Attendees, instructors, panelists, event participants, staff, and all other guests (“Participants”) are critical in helping us create respectful, safe, and welcoming experiences for all.
Our Code of Conduct serves to ensure Participants understand the behaviors that will and will not be tolerated at our Classes, Workshops, and Events.
- Treat all other Participants with respect and dignity;
- Uphold our Diversity and Inclusion values statement;
- Speak up if anything occurs in our Classes, Workshops, and Events that conflicts with this Code of Conduct by connecting with a Nokumi staff member or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Demonstrating aggression or threats toward other Participants;
- Any form of discrimination based on sex, gender identity and/or expression, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability;
- Conducting or discussing illegal activities;
- Attending NOKUMI under the influence of illegal and recreational drugs and/or alcohol;
- Failing to observe classroom or campus conduct standards set forth by instructors or staff;
- Other behavior identified as disruptive to the learning environment of others by instructors or staff;
- Willfully destroying Nokumi property;
- Exhibiting disruptive, insubordinate, boisterous, obscene, vulgar, or disrespectful behavior.
We expect anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior to immediately comply. Participants who exhibit unacceptable behavior may be dismissed without a refund and may be prohibited from attending future Classes, Workshops, or Events; enrolling in future NOKUMI courses; or returning to campus.
Nokumi Digital is committed to ensuring all community members are treated fairly and equitably within this general framework. Participants who do not support the academic and ethical goals of Nokumi Digital may be subject to penalties, including being prohibited from returning to Nokumi Digital.
Nokumi Digital is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate based on sex, gender identity and/or expression, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, or other categories protected by law of the states in which we operate.
Nokumi Digital strictly prohibits and does not tolerate sexual harassment or other unlawful harassment (including verbal, physical, or visual conduct) based on protected status. Individuals who believe they have been subject to or witnessed conduct that violates this policy should immediately notify a Nokumi staff member or send an email to email@example.com.. All complaints will be investigated and prompt corrective action will be taken, as appropriate. Interim measures may be taken, as appropriate, when a complaint is made. Nokumi Digital prohibits retaliation against any individual who raises concerns under this policy or participates in an investigation. Nokumi Digital will conduct its courses, services, and activities consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.